Before we start, you have to know your steak–whether it is a Rib eye, New York cut, or Fillet Mignon, all have different qualities. In choosing a steak , choose one with most marbling (having small streaks of fat). This will give you a more tender feel and taste. And let the meat rests for 20 mins before you prepare so it will reach your room temperature.
- Pre heat your toaster oven to 375º
- Sprinkle both sides of your meat with salt and pepper. For best results, use Kocher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Get a pan and oil. Pan fry to medium heat.
- Flatten the steak so it can get an even sear. Pan fry for 1.30 minutes each side.
- Place steak in the toaster oven for 4-10 minutes depending on what type of cooking you want: medium rare, medium well or well done.
- Let your steak rest for 5 min. You have to give the steak some time for the juices to settle before you cut into it.
For regular useful cooking tips, LIKE our Facebook fan page – Cooking With Your Toaster Oven.
Image courtesy of 123rf Stockphotos : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos