Do you know that you can cook baked potatoes in your microwave, or even in your Toaster Oven?
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Get 2 large sized potatoes and thoroughly wash both
- Prick the potatoes on all sides all the way through with a fork
- Position your potatoes at the center of the plate. For 2 potatoes , it will take 10 minutes to cook , if you only have one potatoes, then you just need half of the time ( 5 minutes)
- Once cooking is done, remove from the toaster oven (be sure your hands are protected as it can be very very hot)
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil while you prepare for your filling. This will make your potato stay warm.
- Fillings can be plain butter or cheese, mayonnaise with tuna, bacon or ham.
- When your fillings are ready, cut through the potatoes in an X form and unwrap the peelings.
- Fill your potatoes with butter or cheese and top it with a few strips of bacon or ham.
Enjoy your lunch!
Are Green Potatoes Safe to eat?
When you see potatoes with green spots or with greenish tint, it would be best not to purchase it. Over exposure to light causes a chemical reaction that increases chlorophyll buildup and the production of the chemical “solanine”. Solanine will impart a bitter taste to the potatoes and high levels can actually cause serious medical problems such as interfering with nerve impulse transmission, abdominal discomfort, nausea and diarrhea. When potatoes are stored, it is best to store them in a dark location to avoid solanine buildup. This may also be a risk factor for people with arthritis.
For regular useful cooking tips, LIKE our Facebook fan page – Cooking With Your Toaster Oven.
Image used with permission from Microsoft