Especially for a small kitchen, it will be very difficult to prepare meals if your kitchen is cluttered and unorganized.
We would like to share with you a few tips on how to make a small kitchen space be useful, productive and a place where you actually want to spend time by organizing your pantry.
- Remove everything on your kitchen cupboards, drawers and cabinets. Check if anything is expired.
- See if you have multiples of anything and consolidate them in one container.
- Now you are ready to start organizing what will be going back into the pantry.
- Arrange shelves like they do in the grocery store clearly visible ands stored by category
- What you use the most should be at eyelevel
- Maximize the space you have by using shelf helpers ( wire racks that can provide a 2nd level to your space)
- Store heavier items on the bottom shelf so you can reach them without straining and for items that you don’t want small children to get their hands, out them on higher shelves so they cant reach them
- Try to get the following organizers:
- over- the- door organizer so you can take advantage of the additional space of the door
- slide out storage baskets for little things that you get on impulse
- no slip turntables for your condiments and seasonings for ease in reaching the things at the back and putting it away when you are done.
Organizing and your pantry will only take a few minutes of your time and it will make your kitchen time an enjoyable one.